Browse queries by topic
- Case management
- Early determination
- Injunctive Relief
- Interim Applications
- Jackson Reforms
- Jurisdiction and Cross-border
- Pre-action Conduct
- Responding to a Claim
- Security for Costs
- Settlement and Part 36
- Starting a Claim
- Statements of Case
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- General Contract and Boilerplate
- Property Litigation
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Substantive Law
How can a tenant challenge the landlord's claim for section 60 costs under a LRHUDA 1993 lease extension claim?
What notice would be required to terminate a common law tenancy?
Would a mortgagee have a right to extend the lease under the LRHUDA 1993 if the mortgagor did?
Can a tenant discontinue that part of its claim for a renewal lease but continue with its claim for interim rent?
Can the landlord pursue a terminal dilapidations claim where the yielding up clause does not refer to the state of repair?
What should I do to recover possession if a tenant claims to have moved out and left the keys after a possession order has been obtained?
Does the Part 36 relevant period of 21 days include or exclude non working days?
What is the date from which the limitation period runs in cases where works to a property causes damage to a neighbouring property?
Can the English courts make a charging order over land/property in another country?
Is there any way I can obtain the pleadings (claim form, defence, etc.) to a matter when the only information I have is the name of the parties and the claim number?
- In the context of a Part 36 offer made in an appeal, do “proceedings” in CPR 36.10(1) refer to the appeal proceedings only or to the underlying proceedings too? Who is the “claimant” for the purpose of Part 36 in the context of an appeal?
- Is an acknowledgement of a debt outside of the limitation period sufficient to extend limitation?
- Does a stay of proceedings by consent affect the position under EU law that the English court is the one first seized?
- Precedent H: does work on the letter of claim and letter of response fall into pre-action costs or issue/pleadings?
- Are you able to serve a witness summons on an individual at their work place if you do not have their residential address?
- Can you file a request for judgment if you become aware after the claim has been served that the defendant has changed address?
Our quality starts with our people.
PLC's employees are not practising solicitors or barristers. The Ask PLC scope and rules apply.